Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bernie is a woman.

This morning I had to get up to go to Padre Pedro's Pantry (I call it that.) I had to catch the A train, which meant I had to leave the apartment at 6:30. Still struggling to feel well, I left pretty much on time. Since I am on 159th Street, I had to take the C train to 145th (Dunkin Donuts)and catch the A train, which would take me all the way to Brooklyn. So I come into the 145th train station and come out of the subway tunnel, but I come up around 147th street (very easy for me to go the wrong way.), which means I have to walk 2 blocks to D & D for my morning indulgence. I come to the sidewalk across the street from D & D and this woman charges at me, gets within inches of my face, spews and says, "My mommy died" She tries to kiss me on the cheek. "Can you give me $20." I said, "No, I'm not going to give you $20. She persisted by saying she needed to buy a bra. "See" takes my hand and tries to "show" me why she needed a bra. I said, "Whoa!" and pull back my hand. I asked her if she was hungry. I happened to have a few pieces of bread leftover from breakfast. I gave her the bag, and proceeded to walk across the street. She follows and says, "How 'bout $5? Five dollars is good. How 'bout five?" I said, "I'm sorry, but the answer is no," and continued to walk across the street. I went into D & D, and there's a guy in there enjoying the show. He just smiles. I shake my head, and move to the line. A man came in behind me. She does the same song and dance with him. The man is irate. He says, "The answer is No, Sista! Get out my face!" I called her over, and said, "Look, I'll give you a dollar if you let me take your picture." I asked her if she really thought her tactic was working? It didn't seem to register, but it did calm her down. I took a quick picture, gave her the dollar and left. Whew! All that intensity, and it wasn't even 7 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment