Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sometimes you just have to sit in it!

Friday, I was going through my daily ritual for my latte’. This time I bought myself a sandwich. Yes, I needed to take away the bread, and it the contents. You know those moments when you can picture something happening, and a few minutes later, it does. I had one of those moments. I actually got a seat, and sat down by a very well dressed gentleman. He looked very prim and proper. My premonition flashed through my mind, while I put the bag with my sandwich down and put my latte’ between my legs. I ignored my thoughts and proceeded to take my sandwich a part, when suddenly my latte was on the floor. The gentleman shouted, “oh….oh”, and picked up his bag quickly before the stream of running latte’ could hit his bag. It had already splashed his shoes. I was, of course, mortified and very apologetic. I picked up the cup, which had about a half a cup in it. The gentleman in his very English accent, says very loudly, “Well my Ollie what a fine mess we’ve made!” I went along and said, “you got that mate, a fine mess indeed!” Does anyone know what happens to a large cup of latte’ when it spills in a subway. When the subway goes up a hill it puddles by the door, when it goes downhill, it runs little trails mostly down the middle of the subway. Riders would board the train to find my mess, and me holding the dreadful cup. I slowly began un-wrapping my sandwich, took it apart, ate its contents, and saved the bread for the next would be homeless person God would put in my path. I debated getting off the train at the next stop, but thought to myself. “Susan, sometimes you just have to sit in it even if it is not comfortable.” Lessons learned from this experience: 1) Don’t take a sandwich and a latte’ on to the train. 2) When there’s nothing else you can do, play along, and laugh. 3) Write to the New York City Transit Authority demanding a cup holder section. (Right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment